The Personal Data and Other Information We May Collect
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Data“). This notice applies to all Personal Data collected or submitted on our website. On some pages, you can make requests.
The types of Personal Data collected in this context directly from you may include your:
- Name, private and business addresses, private and business email addresses, private and business phone numbers, occupation, title, demographics, other contact information, the nature of your inquiry or comment, business profile information, or other types of feedback and information when needed to provide a service you requested.
We may also collect your Personal Data from your use of our website. This information includes:
- Web behavior using, but not limited to, internal cookies, third party cookies, and social plugins, that track on and between all GSX sites (e.g., browsing activity, document downloads, form submissions).
We may also collect your Personal Data from third parties, such as marketing providers. This information may include:
- Name, personal and business address, personal and business email address, business phone number, company and/or educational institution, or demographics
How We May Use Personal Data and Other Information
We process your Personal Data on a sufficient legal basis which can be one of the following:
- To fulfill our contractual obligations to conduct your exams and calculate the respective results, and manage customer accounts.
- To send direct marketing information by electronic communication and track your web behavior with your consent.
- To send you direct marketing information by other means than electronic communication.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
Where the processing is based on consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal. You can do so by clicking on the Unsubscribe link on our marketing emails or by contacting us using the contact details set forth below. Except where Personal Data are processed by us to comply with a statutory or contractual obligation, you are not obliged to provide your Personal Data.
We use the Personal Data you submit or otherwise provide about yourself on our website for the following purposes:
- To complete your request.
- To respond to inquiries and to confirm subscriptions.
- To provide you with updates and other information that we think may be of interest to you.
- To perform statistical analyses.
- To send you news, announcements and other marketing and promotional communications
How We May Disclose Personal Data and Other Information
We may disclose your Personal Data to our third-party service providers in the course of doing business with them, including, but not limited to, marketing automation, research, data analysis, affinity programs, training and exam delivery and certification management and fulfillment.
We will disclose your Personal Data upon request in connection with legal obligations as requested from government authorities and law enforcement.
We may also disclose your Personal Data to a third-party in the event a legitimate business transaction would require the information. (e.g., merger, acquisition, structural reorganization, or other financial transaction).
Should it be necessary to protect our rights, privacy, and safety, we will also disclose Personal Data to the relevant third parties.
How We Secure Your Data
We take reasonable administrative, technical and physical precautions to protect your Personal Data within our organization from accidental or unlawful loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction and other unlawful forms of processing. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How to Access, Review, Update, or Suppress Your Personal Data
You may contact us at email@example.com regarding how to access, review, update, suppress, or delete the personal data you have previously provided to GSX.
In your submitted request, please clearly state what personal data you would like to address, whether it be suppression or limitation of the data.
It is possible for residual data and certain transaction-specific information to remain for the purpose of completing any previous transactions prior to any change requests.
Please note that we may require identity verification before addressing any request. Also, we will only be able to address a personal data request associated with the email address used to send the request.
Third Party Sites
Like most websites, GSX uses “cookies” for several legitimate purposes. These include remembering IDs and passwords, tracking user traffic patterns, and differentiating between repeat and new users. It is GSX’s policy that data generated by cookies will be used for internal purposes only and to improve our website and site-related services.
How to Contact Us